Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Salute to Al Gore; Finally, the Recognition Father Al Deserves
I believe political humorist NCS has summed it all up for us with her awe inspiring
poster highlighting Father Al's accomplishments.
see more here
Top Ten Messages On Al Gore's Answering Machine
10. "Hi, Mandy from The Cheesecake Factory. You left your credit card"
9. "George W. Bush here. Congratulations on your Latin Grammy"
8. "It's Larry from Toyota. This global warming paranoia is great for business"
7. "Put on Letterman. Some idiot is going to jump over interns"
6. "This is Hillary. If you run for president, I'll snap your neck"
5. "It's Jets coach Eric Mangini. Can you play quarterback?"
4. "Ann Coulter here. Any way we can blame global warming on the Jews?"
3. "I'm calling from the EPA. Turns out there is no global warming; You're just sweating because you're getting fat"
2. "This is Jimmy Carter. Want to use our medals to score some babes?"
1. "It's Cheney. Watch your back, Jack"
Mr. Gore and his wife Tipper spoke with United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon at the UN Climate Change Gathering
"No, it's Lock box, L-O-C-K-B-O-X". .... jean knee
Favorite Al Gore Quotes
A zebra does not change its spots.
I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future.
I invented the internet.
I think George W. Bush has a warm, engaging personality. But, you know, the presidency is more than just a popularity contest.
Our democracy, our constitutional framework is really a kind of software for harnessing the creativity and political imagination for all of our people. The American democratic system was an early political version of Napster.
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.
We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made.
Who are these people? (To a tour guide at Monticello after seeing busts of George Washington and Ben Franklin).
Posted by Jean Knee at 8:20 AM