I'm the bitch. Good to know.
I probably scared you into thinking there was a bloody stump finger in Lean's cake. But there wasn't. I have really been flying off the handle lately. I just think people should do their jobs and act right. Is that really too much to expect? I hope it's just mid life crisis and my usual apathy will soon return.I'm just gonna give you the party highlights.
1.I paid a butt load of money to have the YMCA arrange my Lean's birthday party. We had one there two years ago and it was great. They did everything for you and even provided two party planners to run things.
2. We arrive, no party planners so we have to start things ourselves.
3. No decorations or cake. They put a plastic table cloth on the table and called it decorated.
4. About an hour into the party the planners show up and say they are going to get the pizza. They both pile in a car and drive away.
5. I gather up the kids and take them in for pizza , it is on the counter. The planners are supposed to pass it out. They never came back so my man passed it out. We ran out of plates, forks and cups. The plates did not match and looked used.
6.Finally Drew had them paged to get the cake. They bring it in and help Lean put on candles. We ask for a few minutes for the other kids to finish eating. They leave and never return. So I cut the cake and Drew passes it out.
7. We open presents (they were supposed to run this and write down who gave what gift. They never returned so we did it all. Then the little fools tell my man (out in the hall, they never came in the room) that after WE clean up they will come get the table clothes. HE exploded. He came and told me and then I got all over their asses. I tried to get a manager to get all over his or her ass but, surprise, no one was there.
Also during the times they were gone (the whole time except a little less than five minutes) the party guests started running around like animals cuz there was no direction AND their parents just let them do it. It was waaaaaaayyyyy worse than any day I ever had teaching kindergarten, and these are third graders. I may have gotten all over some of the parent's asses but so effing what. What kind of people let their kids run around and ruin a party like that?
And for some reason I am the one who over reacted and was wrong. I really just do not get it at all.
thanks for listening to this litany
and yes, I am the bitch