Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy National Candy Corn Day!

Yes, October 30 is national candy corn day. mmm.

First made in the 1880's candy corn sales reach 20 million pounds per year. Yehawww that's a lot of candy corn.

I fall into the category that doesn't particularly like candy corn, but I do enjoy one or two pieces at Halloween. The new fangled flavors and Easter and Christmas candy corn have never grabbed me either. So pretty much I leave it to others to enjoy.

Until this year. Now they have chocolate covered candy corn. Chocolate; now who doesn't love things covered in chocolate? I have a lovely package of the said confecction which I will be sharing with my extended family tonight. I will of course let you know if it is a yummy as it sounds
UPDATE: chocolate covered candy corn is pretty good

8 comments:

Bee said...

Mmmmmmm I gotta get me some! and then I'll have some chocolate candy corn!

Brian said...

Hi Jean knee! I'm currently in another country but I wanted to say cheerio!

Stacey said...

I..don't...like...candy...corn. In this case,I would make an exception.

Melissa said...

I will eat a little bit of candy corn each year... just because it feels wrong not to :) But chocolate covered candy corn... well, I might be willing to eat a few more of those :)

Unknown said...

20 million? I think I just ate that (burp)

ReformingGeek said...

Yum. I might actually try that one of these days.

Brian o vretanos said...

Hey! Was that Bee doing a bad impersonation of me? Because it was bad.

Apparently they don't celebrate NCCD in Greece, either.

Jean Knee said...

OMG!!!
I had no idea that wasn't really you.

:)