Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sometimes Things Get Worse With Practice



I'm not going to lie to you. I am pretty even with Martha Stewart when it comes to decorating, cooking and crafting. And I don't have a full staff to make me look good. I'm also poor. And I need to exercise... But I digress, sorry.




I found the cutest marshmallow treats and had to try them for Christmas. Here they are in all their beautiful imperfect-ness. Look how cute those sticks are. I know


Well they were not quite as beautiful as the ones in the picture so every day I made a few more and tried to perfect them. And every day they looked more perfect but tasted worse. Moral of the story? Shove it Martha.





Here's how they are supposed to look


http://onecharmingparty.com/2010/12/09/holiday-treats-chocolate-and-caramel-dipped-marshmallows/

9 comments:

Bijoux said...

They look awesome no matter how you make them! Have you noticed on those cooking shows that they are turning just about anything into a 'lollipop' these days?

ReformingGeek said...

I'll take the batch that tastes good. Thx.

;-)

Brian o vretanos said...

Does chocolate milk shake taste better out of focus?

Unknown said...

I have to say. You were damn close. In my thinking, perfection is the obsessive desire to keep failing until you get something right. It would take a great masochist to achieve that feat. Happy New Year!

Super Happy Girl said...

I'd so eat those!!!

Super Happy Girl said...

Happy new year Jean Knee!!!

Brian o vretanos said...

Happy New Year!

Dapoppins said...

I was trying to make these caramel chocolate cracker things...never could get them right. However, my kids never seemed to mind a bit.

And I could so totally eat those and not complain. I think your way has more gooey goodness. What does Martha know about gooey goodness?

Unknown said...

wow that was really sweet... a chocolate marshmallow..


Tealight Candles | Osprey Viewcast